We have had the opportunity to re-establish the one-room Liberty School from north of Springfield. It
was serving that community from the late 1800's to 1951 when it was consolidated into the Fair Grove School District.
It is now part of the Farmstead and serves to educate the public about the education of our early settlers. The deed of 1895
shows there was a functioning school board that led the community to provide a building at what is now the entrance to a Springfield
city water supply, Fellows Lake. After consolidation it was sold and moved down the road and served to store hay
and later as a repair shop for sailboats. We rescued the inside and restored the outside to moved it to Nathanael Greene
Park in 2014.